I recently finished redecorating my bulletin board (I do this periodically, about once every few months). I decided to do it dark academia themed and thought that it would make a good blog post, so here it is.
You can create your aesthetic board using any aesthetic, or a combination of things. You can even just put it on a poster or your wall, I just like using a bulletin board.
First, I had to take off all of the previous decorations.
Then I went on to gather all of the new decorations I wanted to include. I printed and cut out pictures that fit the aesthetic that I wanted to add. I also had a list of quotes and fun words to write out.
After that, I started arranging everything.
Once I arranged everything, I set off to tape everything down. I usually use push pins, but I decided not to, as to make for a cleaner design.
Here is the final product:
Here are the quotes and words I used.
- “She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.”
- “A well read woman is a dangerous creature.”
- “Great, we’re all bloody inspired.” – Newt (The Maze Runner)
- “We read to know we’re not alone.” – C. S. Lewis
- “They say that in a library there is a single book that can answer the question that burns like a fire in the mind.” – Lemony Snicket
- “Unless I am myself, I am nobody.” – Virginia Woolf
- “It is a gift, and a curse.” – Adrian Monk
- “Sunshine, midnight and grey” – my poem colors.
- “Nothing is louder than overthinking after midnight.”
- “The piano and the player were one, bound together with a magic that spanned the ages.” – my short story Moonlight Music
- Amaranthine: eternally beautiful and unfading.
- Eunoia: beautiful thinking, a well mind.
- Logolepsy: an obsession with words.
- Whelve: to bury something deep, to hide.
- Hiraeth: homesickness for a home you cannot return to.
- Apricity: the warmth of the sun in winter.
- Feuillemort: the color of a dying leaf.
- Brumous: of gray skies and winter days; filled with heavy clouds or fog; relating to winter or cold, sunless weather.
I had more, but they didn’t fit onto the board in the end.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you made an aesthetic board or wall before? What was its theme? Do you like dark academia too? Let me know in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Making an aesthetic board”
That looks super cool!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m glad you liked it!
LikeLiked by 1 person